Thursday, November 19, 2009

What to wear


For weeks I have had my new black chiffon dress hanging at the front of the closet.  The purpose was to remind me to get it tailored before the Women in Leadership Foundation gala this upcoming Saturday.  The dress isn't exactly new... it is over a year old. But I've never worn it because it needs to be taken in.   So I put it out front and centre to make sure I remembered to take it to a seamstress.

I didn't!

Gala is now in 2 days.  So my choices are:
  1. Hand sew it myself (my sewing machine is broken).
  2. Find something else to wear.  And yes, I do have other dresses, but I've worn them lots of times and really wanted to wear my new dress. 

To add insult to injury I actually bought new shoes to wear with the dress.  Now lets call a spade a spade here. I haven't bought new shoes since last spring (those awesome orange fluevog sandles).  And these snazzy red shoes called out to me.  So the gala might - just might - have been an excuse to buy new shoes.  But they are comfortable which is important when you are standing at a gala for several hours.  And most importantly they are red.  And now darn gone it I want to wear them out.

So I guess I'll be spending Friday night taking in my own dress... the old fashioned needle and thread way.   Hopefully my hand sewing will last until my second martini. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the hand alterations. The good news is that mistakes are less visible in black. Especially if the lighting is sort of dim, you'll have a lot of leeway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those shoes! I'm sure the hand-sewing will turn out just fabulously.

    ReplyDelete