Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What was I thinking?

Today I met with two of my Women in Leadership volunteers. They are helping me with the PR and marketing for the upcoming SuperWomen & Friends Gala - NEXT Saturday.  What was I thinking deciding to blog everyday AND do final planning for a gala.  So my blogging may have a distinct Women in Leadership/Gala slant for the next 2 weeks. 

What is left to do?  Everything it seems.  Media pitches for pre-event interviews. Media invitations to attend the event.  Design and assemble media kits.  Finalize signage.  Finalize program.   Confirm guest blogger (done @lovesocial is confirmed).  Tweet.  Twitter contest.  Facebook updates......  Thankfully I have two passionate and energetic volunteers who take direction well and work well on their own. 

The last few weeks is always a rush of adrenaline.... then event night... then the post event let down. 

The event is shaping up to be a really fun night of washed hair, adult shoes, a pretty dress,  inspirational speaker (Andrea Holmes of the 2010 paralympic alpine team), celebration of SuperWoman of the year award winner, fashion show, drinks, dinner... and oh yeah celebrating the SuperWoman in each of us!!! 

Get together some girlfriends and buy some tickets.  4 or more tickets are $145.  Okay so I switched from blog to sell mode.  Sue me - I have a lot to do.  http://www.womeninleadership.ca/.

No comments:

Post a Comment